Tuesday 19 October 2010

Annie's Top 10 Soundtrack

In the absence of my Muse tonight - my failure to write anything coherent enough on the subject of "who we are when we write" - instead I offer the soundtrack to "Annie, the Doll, its Thief and Her Lover".

These are not the songs I would include in the soundtrack if I were to have any say on its serialisation on TV. Nope, these delights are what I was listening to when I wrote it.

It is a very diverse list.

10. Incubus "Love Hurts". Because duh.
9. Elvis "The Wonder of You". You know who you are.
8. Brenda Lee "Will You Love Me Tomorrow". Uh huh.
7. Levellers "15 Years". Oh yeah.
6. Alice in Chains "Man in the Box". Awesome.
5. Carol King "It's Too Late". Also, the Quartz version.
4. Lo Fidelity All Stars "Battleflag". Wide grin, hip jut, finger raises.
3. The Cure "A Night Like This" Perfect Smith.
2. Calexico "Black Heart". Because one man's righteousness is another man's
long haul.
1. Neil Diamond "Cracklin Rose". She's a store bought woman, and so f'n what?

Feel free to pimp your own writing playlists.

ETA: right click and Open in New Window ... then you can read "Annie" while you listen ...

No comments:

Post a Comment